India is a unique country with much of diversity. Diversification in literature, culture, food, states, tradition, tastes and many more which shows a variety of things to look on. From the Himalayas to ocean, from Thar desert to snowy mountains, this country is full of beautiful sights. India is a dream land in which 1/7th of the population dwell with the largest democracy in the world.
Wonderful lines said by Mark Twin – “India is the cradle of human race also the birthplace of human speech. The mother of history, the grandmother of legend also the great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most constructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only.”
List of things which make India an incredible country:
1. it has 35 World Heritage Sites !
India has been declared as the 35 World Heritage Sites by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in July 2016, in which India consists of 27 cultural and 7 natural and 1 mixed site. These are considered to be the tremendous cultural and natural importance in the world.
These sites are-
- Nalanda Mahavihara (Nalanda University), Bihar
- Khangchendzonga National Park, Sikkim
- Capitol Complex, Chandigarh
- Great Himalayan National Park, Himachal Pradesh
- Rani Ki Vav, Patan, Gujarat
- Group of Monuments at Hampi, Karnataka
- Group of Monuments at Pattadakal, Karnataka
- Khajuraho Group of Monuments, Madhya Pradesh
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Mahabodhi Temple Complex at Bodh Gaya, Bihar
- Churches and Convents of Goa
- Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
- Great Living Chola Temples, Tamil Nadu
- up of Monuments at Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu
- Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka, Madhya Pradesh
- Ajanta Caves, Maharashtra
- Ellora Caves, Maharashtra
- Elephanta Caves, Maharashtra
- Kaziranga Wild Life Sanctuary, Assam
- Manas Wild Life Sanctuary, Assam
- Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur, Rajasthan
- Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks, Uttarakhand
- Sundarbans National Park, West Bengal
- Western Ghats
- Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi
- Red Fort Complex, Delhi
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus), Maharashtra
- Sun Temple, Konark, Odisha
- Jantar Mantar, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Agra Fort, Uttar Pradesh
- Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh
- Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Mountain Railways of India
- Qutb Minar and its Monuments, New Delhi
- Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park, Gujarat
2. mountain cities and monsoon !
India has cities in the mountain areas. These hill stations are heaven walker’s. It is a native of lanky and valiant mountain ranges in the world. The view from the hill top is mesmerizing and is a tourist place for many people. The snowy mountains in Himachal Pradesh & Kashmir are very beautiful.
Even the monsoon season will leave a spellbound impression on you. The sound of the heavy rain moves from south to north and the view is totally beautiful. Indian mountains and plains looks so calming in monsoon.
3. largest vegetarian cuisine !
India has huge variety of cuisines and spices. Indian spices are so famous that some of the western TV shows share the taste of Indian cuisines.
Indian food is something which is eaten first with the eyes and nose and then with mouth because it is very colorful and fragrant. Once eaten, you will surely be a fan of Indian food.
4. desi entertainment
Bollywood is the name given to Indian cinema. India has given some of the best actors in the world like Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchhan, Aamir Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit and many more. We have famous singers like Aasha Bhosle , Lata Mangeshkar and many more. It also consists of hindi movies from other languages like Marathi, Punjabi, Bangali, Bhojpuri, Telugu etc.
5. facts about life
India has the origin of Kama Sutra in the Indian history which has portion of the work that consists of practical knowledge about sexual intercourse. This Indian history has given the learnings of how to make love.
6. variety of colourful clothes
Indian clothing is considered very unique and exclusive. Many variations are found in India including all the regions of india which shows varieties of clothes which are full of bright colours.
Traditional Indian clothing for women are the sarees or the salwar kameez and also Ghaghra Cholis (Lehengas). For men, traditional clothes are the Dhoti, Lungi or Kurta.
7. it is a country of festivals & customs.
India is so much diversified. It has many festivals from the starting month till the end of the year. The festivals shows a diverse religious and cultural background which makes India a cultural site.
Indians are full of emotions and they know the value of emotions. Indian weddings are considered as the most expensive weddings around the world. From rituals to food then dress to music, you simply can fall in love with anything related to India
8. Yoga and ayurveda
Yoga originated in India. It is holistic and safe and way better than pumping iron in the gym to look fit. This also works to relieve stress, ailments of the body and the mind. “YOGA POWER”, the world has borrowed it from us.
India has also taught the world how to self-medicate the holistic way which is the cheapest and very reliable over the past centuries.
9. Indian jewellery
Indian jewellery is very famous from the ancient times. Before people used stones, rudraksh, tulsi seeds to make jewellery. With the times Indian jewellery have become very versatile. Some common jewellery among the Indian women are Maangtika, earrings, nose rings, necklace, Mangalsutra, bangles, etc. Women find it auspicious to wear jewellery